Domestic Abuse

Domestic Violence Injunctions and/or Occupation Orders

If you have suffered domestic Violence, then you should always call the Police for immediate protection. If they are not prepared to take any action, they should log a report as this will help provide evidence to support your case at a later date. If you have sustained injuries it is important that you seek medical attention immediately. This will also assist your case. Police and/or medical evidence is necessary to support any application for legal aid submitted on your behalf.

There are two types of Orders available, a Non­ Molestation Order and an Occupation Order.

Our Family Team can help you to obtain a Non-molestation order (also called an Injunction) which forbids another person from using or threatening violence towards you and/or a relevant child and/or prevents another person from harassing, pestering or intimidating you and/or a relevant child.

The Court can also make an order requiring your spouse/partner to leave the matrimonial home which is known as an Occupation Order. Also, such orders can be made to exclude your spouse/partner from part of the home or exclude one party from a zone around the property if appropriate.